This stuffing is perfect for the spring and summer months ahead. If you are cooking your chicken to be eaten as a lighter meal option, this is the ideal accompaniment. This stuffing compliments our free range Herb Fed birds with both fresh an exciting flavours and can be eaten both, hot or cold.
Tip: Why not pop some in your picnic this summer!
Cous Cous ,Pine Nut and Apricot Stuffing
- 100g couscous
- 175ml boiling chicken stock
- 50g butter
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g pine nuts
- 140g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- handful flat leaf or curly parsley, roughly chopped
- 2 tbsp mint leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon
How to make
- Put couscous in a large heatproof bowl, pour over chicken stock, and cover with cling film for 5 minutes until the liquid is absorbed.
- Melt half the butter in a pan, then cook onion and garlic for 5-8 minutes until soft. Then set aside.
- Dry-fry pine nuts for a few minutes until golden.
- Combine onions, pine nuts, apricots and herbs with couscous.
- Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, season, and finally stir in egg.
- Leave to cool.
This stuffing would be ideally used to stuff one of our famous ‘Herb Fed Free Range Chickens’ and then roasted, or bake separately for 30mins (180oC/fan 160oC/gas 4) to be eaten as an accompaniment.
Serve with creamy potato gratin and a crisp green salad. Enjoy!