1. Light the BBQ so it can get up to heat.
2. Season the whole bird - we used Salt and Pepper, plus some chopped fresh herbs.
3. Open the can of beer (beer of your choice) and place the chicken over the open beer can so that it is stable.
4. Place the beer can on the bbq grill and close the lid.
5. Allow to cook for 1 hour - depending on size of bird. Keep and eye on it - when juice from the inside of the thigh runs clear it is cooked.
Serve with some great salads, new potatoes and enjoy with friends.