- Start by cooking the new potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes, then drain and allow to steam dry.
- Next, make the meatballs: combine the turkey mince, 1 tablespoon garam masala, 2 cloves garlic, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix thoroughly and then shape into 20 small meatballs. Grill the meatballs on a medium heat for 10 minutes, turning once.
- While the meatballs are cooking, make the masala sauce: put 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan with the sliced onion and cook gently over a low heat for 5 minutes. Next add the cumin, paprika, garam masala, chilli, garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute, before adding 200ml coconut milk, all the tomato puree and salt. Allow to bubble for 5 minutes until thickened slightly.
- When the meatballs are ready, plop them in the sauce and allow to bubble for a further 5-10 minutes, spooning the sauce over the meatballs to coat them.
- While the masala sauce is bubbling, quickly make the bombay potatoes: put 1 tablespoon olive oil and the diced onion in a non-stick frying pan and cook on a low heat for 3 minutes until slightly softened. Next add the cooked new potatoes and turn up the heat to brown the potatoes and onions. When the potatoes and onions have browned, add the mustard seeds, cumin, turmeric and tomatoes and allow to cook for a further 2-3 minutes until the tomatoes have broken down slightly. Stir frequently to ensure the flavours get mixed evenly and nothing burns.
- Finally sprinkle a little coriander over the turkey meatball masala and bombay potatoes and serve with any other additions you would like, such as naan bread, mango chutney, raita or lime pickle.
Source: Eb Gargano at Easy Peasy Foodie!
Find more at www.easypeasyfoodie.com