CHESNUT AND APPLE
- 1lb tin chestnuts, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2lb pork sausage meat
- 1lb cooking apples (peeled, cored and finely chopped)
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- Salt and black pepper
- Zest of 1 large orange
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 1 rosemary sprig snipped
- 6oz firm white bread cut into dice
- 4 sticks of celery (roughly chopped)
- 2oz butter
Melt butter and fry onion celery and rosemary until soft.
Add parsley, sage, bread, apples, chestnuts and orange zest.
Season and mix well.
Add sausage meat and mix and cool.
Stuff the neck only and put any left over stuffing on tray to cook later.